RC review: Remembrance

Název: Remembrance
Série: Transcend time saga 
Autor: Michelle Madow
Datum vydání: 27. července 2011
Počet stran: 314
Nakladatelství: Dreamscape publishing 


Oficiální anotace
Lizzie Davenport has been reincarnated from Regency Era, England ... but she doesn't know it yet. Then Drew Carmichael transfers into Lizzie's high school at the beginning of the year, and she feels a connection to him, almost like she knows him. She can't stop thinking about him, but whenever she tries talking with him about the mysteries behind her feelings, he makes it clear that he wants nothing to do with her. Reaching him is even more difficult because she has a boyfriend, Jeremy, who has started to become full of himself after being elected co-captain of the varsity soccer team, and her flirtatious best friend Chelsea starts dating Drew soon after his arrival. So why can't she get him out of her mind? Even though Lizzie knows she should let go of her fascination with Drew, fighting fate isn't going to be easy.




Lizzie Devenport is an ordinary teenage girl. She has the best friend Chelsea and hot and popular boyfriend Jeremy, but everything changes when the new boy Drew Carmichael crosses her way as a new student of her high school. After they’ve met, she begins to have strange glimpses of unfamiliar events from different time. Like from past. And Drew has a big role in this all.

I really enjoyed this book. I really do. First things that intrigued on the book, was definitely an amazing book cover and also inspiration in the music video Love Song by Taylor Swift. Because I like Taylor's songs and especially Love song, I was really looking forward to this book. And it didn't disappoint me. Although the theme of the story was simple, classic, and predictable and used in several books, I didn't mind at all because I was totally into this book and I don't care if it was similar to another book. I just read, enjoyed this wonderful story and envied Lizzie, because I want boy like Drew too.

What I found very interesting was the beginning of Lizzie and Drew, like that she fell in love with him in that moment, she met him, same as he does, but he tried to avoid her and hide his feeling for her. Absolutely clear was how it will evolve, but I was curious about their slow steps which will put them together. It was absolutely wonderful. I loved them together. Sometimes I would like to read, a preview of their first life in the nineteenth century, like about their relationship and love. It would be really interesting. Speaking of past lives, the scenes in which the present life was linking with the past, I enjoyed tremendously.

The only thing that irritated me in entire book was Jeremy. If I was one of the characters in the book, I would probably didn't last long in the vicinity. According to me, he was really selfish; he did not care about the feelings of others, because he didn't care if his words could hurt anyone. Eternally he favored themselves and his position in the team and Lizzie always remained in second place.

I have a romantic soul, so I love the book already after a few first pages. Writing style was great and that I don't read books in English so long, I wasn't disturbed by anything in the text. Trust me, if you love the love books and if you don't want a lot of action and If you want calm book for calm evening, you will damn love this book!

In this way I want to thank to Michelle Madow for sending me this RC e-book. Thank you!
PS:Tohle je má teprve druhá recenze v angličtině, tak prosím omluvte moje chyby. Nikdo není dokonalý. :) 

Lucie

Knihomolka, studentka, milovnice kávy, seriálů a cestování.

4 komentáře:

  1. Zní to zajímavě a ta obálka je prostě úžasná! =)

    OdpovědětVymazat
  2. JJJ, zní to moc pěkně a lákavě:D.

    OdpovědětVymazat
  3. Doufám, že se recenze alespoň trochu dala číst. :D

    OdpovědětVymazat
  4. Na to, že je to tvoje druhá recezne v angličtině, ne dělám si srandu:D. Recenze je moc hezká a číst se rozhodně dala:)). Moc ráda bych si tuto knihu přečetla=).

    OdpovědětVymazat